Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Mentally Assaulted In The Suburbs Again

     Recently, I ended up at the suburban coffee place again.  Every time I'm there I start wondering how white people are still a thing and haven't gone extinct from their own stupidity yet.
     I wasn't even out of the car before some dumb ass felt like flashing their stupid in my general direction.  There was a woman on her cellphone standing in the middle of the last available parking spot when I tried to put my car in it.  I gave a polite tap on the horn which prompted her to look up at me and then go back to her conversation without moving.
     I then laid on the horn to similarly disinterested results.  Winding down the window and yelling “WHY DON'T YOU TRY STANDING ON THE SIDEWALK THAT'S RIGHT FUCKING NEXT TO YOU, YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!” as loudly as I could finally got the desired response as she then trundled off into the night.
     For the life of me, I can't think of any reason why it should take this much effort to operate out of doors.  Why would someone even think to stand in a parking space and then look at me like I'm the asshole when I try to park in it?  Incidents like this only seem to occur to me when I head toward the more affluent areas around town.  Does having money make people forget how to not be fucking morons?  Does it provide some level of entitlement that the rest of us have to suffer through?  And it didn't get any better when I walked into the coffee place.
     Apparently, there was a PTA meeting at the nearby school that had just let out and a group of parents felt they needed to go for coffee to bitch about the goings on at the meeting at a very loud volume.  The few of us that weren't there to whine about volleyball uniforms or whatever the fuck were huddled in the front corner trying to avoid the endless verbal onslaught.  Even the employees were trying to duck these assholes.  The volume on my headphones could barely counter the sound without making my ears hurt.
     What the fuck is wrong with these people?  I was stuck in line behind all of them while they were trying to order their overly complicated drinks.  They would forget what they were ordering while attempting to continue their conversation so they would then yell the rest of their order at the barista who was already in the middle of making their drinks and had to start over.
     There was a visible sign of relief on the face of the employee at the register when I ordered a large coffee and handed over exact change plus a dollar tip.  Luckily, these assholes cleared out after about twenty minutes but the respite did not last long.
     A few minutes after the PTA fuckers left, some idiot came in and started having a conversation over Facetime at the top of his lungs.  Maybe we shouldn't slam the breaks on this whole climate change thing.  Maybe we should do our best to speed it up and end humanity as quickly as we possibly can.  People are awful.
     That's why I don't attend many school functions or hang out with other parents or other humans in general.  They are an irritating, needy and entitled bunch of dumb animals that are easily susceptible to bullshit.
     This gives me a new appreciation for the group of musicians, artists and all around weirdos that I have slowly come to befriend of late.  They also seem unwilling or unable to relate to a large portion of the world around us.  It is extremely freeing to not give a shit about more than half the nonsense that “normal” people get twisted up about.
     I constantly feel like Guy Montag in Fahrenheit 451 when he's riding the subway and is being bombarded by advertisements to the point of having a breakdown.  Distractions punching me in the brain in an attempt to chase away any possibility of a moment of thought and introspection.  No wonder critical thinking skills are going to shit.  Who needs to think when the powers that be need you to know when Dancing With The Stars or some equally terrible programming is on.
     Our surroundings have been pressurized with content in an effort to have us all conform to the aspiration of being a good little consumer.  Get in line to hand over your hard earned or you will be forced to with or without your knowledge or consent.


No comments:

Post a Comment