Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Pay To Live And Can't Afford To Die

     I have recently noticed that I have been having a similar conversation more and more frequently with different people.  As we are all getting older we all seem to be coming to the same conclusion that the American Dream is a scam.
     After two decades of being ground to a pulp in the gears of the Capitalism, I can safely say that my elders lied to me and the entire thing is a ruse to separate me from the wages that I earn.  We were all told to get jobs and buy houses and some of us were actually stupid enough to fall for this trap. This approach may have worked for previous generations but since then financial institutions discovered that there is money to be made in taking advantage of people that are trying to put a life together.
     Then we were told that if you wanted to get a decent paying job so you could buy a house you needed a college degree.  The banks and universities smelled blood in the water and hiked up tuition and fees to astronomical levels in a very short amount of time.  Loans became so bloated that students have a lifetime's worth of debt by the time they're told they're educated enough to get a job.  Then they are expected to take out more loans in order to buy houses?  Fuck that.  Being a cog in a money making scheme is not a way to get through life.
     This has led to people no longer becoming well rounded individuals capable of critical thinking but really good at filling out forms.  A lot of people see stepping up to the gambling table of finance so they can pay back their loans as their best option.  This has created a generation of hedge fund douchebags that don't care about anything but themselves and would trip their own mothers to get ahead.
     I have stopped wondering why there haven't been any major human advancements over the past several years that didn't involve a minor change to the smart phone.  People have stopped looking outward and forward.  It's all self-centered bullshit so the individual can get ahead.  The many be damned unless the cost analysis works out to the benefit of the few.
     Buying a house and going to college are no longer personal achievements in this era of untethered greed.  Trying to lead a relatively normal life is no longer sustainable.  The greedheads will always find a way to leach every last penny out of a person with increased and unnecessary fees that get chalked up to the cost of doing business.  Even in death, most people can't afford the costs involved with their own funerals.
     These systems need to be taken apart and the old way of thinking needs to be put out on the curb for garbage night.  All of these dickheads that are becoming rapidly irrelevant need to stop freaking out over debt cancellation.  This whole “I suffered so everyone else should too” attitude needs to stop.  It's tiresome and it's boring.  Most of the people complaining about debt cancellation have no idea how much tuition costs these days because it's been years since they had anything to do with the education system and their ignorance is showing.
     And fuck this happy home owner bullshit.  Let's cancel mortgage debt while we're at it.  Fuck the banks, they'll find other ways to cheat people out of money that's what they're good at.
     I wish that I was smart enough to not fall into this trap.  My lower back is pudding and my hands no longer work from sitting at a desk and typing all day.  I have very little time to do anything other than work, sleep and do yard work.  Trying to do anything creative takes an incredible amount of will and effort that I can barely muster anymore.  If it doesn't fall into my routine at this point, it's probably not going to get done regardless of how much I want to get something done.
     “The Grind” has done just that to me.  Trying to get out to shows or even to go to a movie is getting more difficult these days.  I get exhausted just thinking about leaving the house sometimes and end up not doing anything.
     This system has beaten me into a good little citizen.  Sitting at home staring at the walls too tired to go out and live.  That's why when I do make it out to a show I'm like an energy vampire.  I use the energy expended by the bands to help me push on to get through the next week.  I listen to records regularly to try to push on through the next hour.
     Punk Rock saves my life on a daily basis.



No comments:

Post a Comment