Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Nazi Punks, Fuck Off!!!

     Earlier this month, there was an altercation at a bar in the borough of Avalon, which is northwest of Pittsburgh.  A man, who happened to be black, entered the establishment to say hello to his friend who was an employee at the bar.  Unfortunately, there just happened to be a group of skinheads at the bar when he walked in.
     These dimwitted racists started with the verbal abuse and then got physical with their abuse.  The cowards fled the scene when they were told the cops were being called but the cops eventually caught up with them.  They were charged with ethnic intimidation, simple assault and conspiracy.  You can read the full, but short, story here.
     Luckily, there were witnesses to this incident.  Hopefully, they'll come forward and their identities can be protected to prevent any witness intimidation when the legal proceedings get started in August.  I'm sure these stable geniuses aren't going to be very willing to face the consequences of their very stupid actions.
     These intellectual lightweights were seen sporting white power tattoos and t-shirts but most news accounts are describing them as “alleged” or “apparent” skinheads.  Usually, when I see an individual in their Sunday best Steelers jersey and the team logo tattooed somewhere on their person, it's fair to suggest that they are a fan of a team that includes a dopey looking rapist that chucks a ball down a field, without any equivocation.  So why are journalists hemming and hawing about calling these racist pigs the racist pigs that they are?  They were wearing the uniform and the ink, loud and proud, so the general public would know what they were and the hate that they represent.
     This group of people is said to be affiliated with a hate group called the “Keystone State Skinheads.”  Way to go, fellow citizens of the Commonwealth.  We've got our own gang of skinheads.  What the fuck is wrong with these idiots?  They squander, and fail to take advantage of, their white privilege so they have to band together and take it out on someone because of the color of their skin.  This isn't out in the boonies of central PA where dumbfuckery like this is bound to crop up.  This is less than thirty minutes from downtown Pittsburgh.
     It is very unfortunate that these racist dipshits have become emboldened over the past ten years.  Their numbers grew during eight years of a black president.  And now that our country is being run by a bunch of pigs walking on their hind legs, they feel like they can take this nonsense out in public and ruin things for everyone else.  Hopefully, if this country ever comes back to its senses, we'll be able to cut the heads off of these snakes before they crawl back into their sewers.
     One of the last times I was at the 31st St Pub, I had a really weird encounter with the skinheads that moved into the place.  I understand that looking how I look, with my pasty complexion and shaved head, it would have been rather easy for these idiots to confuse me for one of their own.
     I had heard the rumors that the skinheads made the 31st St Pub a home but didn't take it too seriously because I didn't think the owner would have put up with them.  Boy, was I wrong.  I guess a beer sold was a beer sold in his book.
     I stood in my usual spot in the back of the room so I could be as close to the exit as possible so I could beat a hasty retreat as soon as the music was over.  The skinheads set up right next to me when they walked in.  As one who does not want to be associated with neo-fascist morons, I moved to a different part of the club.  Between songs, I noticed that they had moved near me again so I went back to my spot near the door.  This bizarre dance went on a couple of times until, thankfully, the bands that I was there to see were done so I hightailed it back into the night.
     I'm glad I didn't have to have a conversation with these lunkheads where I would have explained that I only shave my head because I look like an idiot when my hair grows out and I don't know or care what to do with it.  And by shaving my head, it's my way of having some level of control over how stupid I look.  I'm sure the discussion would have ended promptly with me getting my ass kicked.
     My only hope is that at some point racism will become wrong again.  It's getting harder and harder for me to believe that it will actually happen.  I used to think that old way of thinking would eventually die out and we could all get further down the road without the weight of active racism holding us back.  But seeing the new wave of young hate groups popping up all over the place I don't see that ever happening.
     In the words of the wise prophet Jello Biafra:  Nazi punks, fuck off!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment